Non-Shower Days

Let’s face it as we get older, it gets harder and sometimes less safe to take a shower every day. When you add Lewy to the mix, it is even harder and more hazardous...even when you have a zero-entry shower like the ‘rents. 

Toni, our daytime caregiver, has Daddy on a Tuesday and Friday shower schedule. On the other days of the week, he will give himself or Moma will help him with a sponge bath.  We used to use the traditional method of hot soapy cloth first, then wipe down with clean cloth and then dry off with towel. This often resulted in Moma going back and forth from his bench in bedroom to bathroom. 


Sitting up at nights with Daddy, I see a lot of infomercials. One night, I saw one for Scrubzz No Rinse Wipes.  Of course, I went to Amazon to see if they sold them. I know silly question because Amazon basically sells EVERYTHING!  So I order one pack to try out on myself first as Daddy and I have similar skin sensitivity.   

Since I had no issues, I gave some to the ‘rents to try out. No issues for Daddy and he seemed to like better than the traditional method as you just wet the disposable wipe with warm water, wash your body (and you can wash all parts) and then dry off with a towel. There is no need to rinse and one wipe (they’re a pretty good size) is usually enough. 

Moma says they are so much better and also makes it much easier (and less tiring) on her.  We now order them by the 4 pack as it is a little cheaper and saves me time as their personal shopper 😀

Comments